1. Take the lead in your health care.
2. Manage your medications properly.
3. Do a monthly safety check in your home. Move furniture or other items that might trip you.
4. Eat your vegetables.
5. See your doctor for check-ups.
6. Drink the right amount of fluids.
7. Get social. Find an activity you can enjoy with others.
8. Stay physically active. Check with a Senior Citizen's Center or YMCA near you to see if there are exercise classes for older adults.
9. Make a long-term plan regarding home living. Planning for the future can help ease stress.
10. Find a way you can help someone else.